February: Mardi Gras!

 February hours: 0

Semester hours completed: 0

Happy Mardi Gras, everyone! Having just gotten to the tail-end of this Mardi Gras season, all I can say is WOW. I always knew this city was a special place, but this weekend was surreal and it was so much fun getting to see the parades for the first time. A personal favorite parade of mine was Endymion, which I was lucky enough to meet up with some friends from the program and watch together. 


I can’t believe we are halfway through this semester already – it feels like we just started! This week is definitely going to be a much-needed break, especially coming off of our Neurology module. I am really looking forward to our upcoming Psych Module and getting to learn a bit more about the topics, especially in regard to antidepressants and anxiolytics. Both depression and anxiety are disorders that affect a plethora of people, including many of the people that I consider myself closest too, so they have always been topics that I have been interested in learning more about and understanding. I am also looking forward to some of the upcoming guest speakers we are going to have in our Environmental Signaling course, and one of particular interest to me is the one that we will be having next week about the effects of telomeres on diseases and DNA repair and mutagenesis. 

 

The past few weeks have been pretty hectic for me with school and work, so I have not been able to complete any of my services hours for the semester. I am, however, planning to use this break as an opportunity to get out in the community and volunteer a bit, and will be going to assist with the Broadmoor Food Pantry this upcoming Wednesday. I am also hoping to get involved with the March Madness Final Four tournament that is coming to New Orleans in a few weeks and volunteering some during that time as well. 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts