December: Happy Holidays

 December hours: 2 

Semester hours completed: 12 

 

Wow, I cannot believe it is the end of the semester! It seems like just yesterday I was walking into our program’s orientation nervous about meeting new people and jumping into the curriculum. The holidays are always my favorite time of the year, so I am excited to get home and spend time with my family; however, I know that it will not be long until I begin missing all the friends I have made here through our program. 

 

With the upcoming module exam on Tuesday, I have really been focusing my time on studying and finishing the end of the semester strong. The GI/Neoplasia module has been one of my favorite modules we have covered in our program so far. As I mentioned in my previous post, I did a large portion of my volunteer work during my undergraduate studies at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. I was able to interact with many patients and their families while they were on the campus for treatment, so these topics hit home for me and made me even more appreciative that there is progress being made towards finding these cures and treatment options for cancer. 


Looking towards the upcoming semester, I am excited to find more ways to get involved within the New Orleans community and hope to volunteer at some different organizations. For the remainder of my service hours this semester, I opted to volunteer from home and assemble laundry kits for the Ronald McDonald House in New Orleans. Due to the rise in COVID cases recently, I was appreciative that the organization has opportunities that can be done off of the facility’s campus while still being able to do something meaningful for their families. 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts