November: Business As Usual

 November hours: 5 

Semester hours completed: 10 

 

Just like that, another month has gone by! This month was business as usual, with the exception of a much-needed break. It was nice getting some time to decompress from the semester, relax, and catch up with family after our Renal/Pulmonary module exam. 

 

I was excited to get more involved within the community this month! On our day off from class, Megan, Uma, and I volunteered to pack and sort at Second Harvest Food Bank in New Orleans. Second Harvest Food Bank is the largest anti-hunger network in South Louisiana and provides food and supplies to those in need or in areas that have been affected by a natural disaster. While we were there, we were able to assist in packing boxes of food and supplies and moved them throughout the warehouse for distribution. In addition to volunteering at Second Harvest, Uma organized a quilling project for our class to create Thanksgiving cards that we were able to distribute to school-aged children. I really enjoyed getting to spend time with my classmates during this service project, and it was certainly a nice break from class and studying.

While I really enjoyed the previous module, I have also been looking forward to starting the GI/Neoplasia module. Cancer is something that has had a huge impact on the lives of many people I know and care for. Additionally, I spent a lot of time during my undergraduate studies volunteering at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, so I am definitely intrigued by the topic, and I am eager to learn more about it over the next two weeks. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts